Volunteering with PMI
It has never been easier to be a PMI volunteer!
Explore PMI's many interesting volunteer opportunities today on the new and improved volunteer Web site!
- Go to www.pmi.org and click on "About PMI."
- Then click on "Volunteer Opportunities."
- Click on the Opportunity Page to review present and upcoming volunteer needs.
- Click on one or more of the opportunities that interest you to learn about the committee, purpose/deliverables, accountability, training, special requirements and skills needed for that position. Only open and soon-to-be-filled positions are posted, with new opportunities added on an as-needed basis.
(Periodically, volunteer openings occur during the year; however, most volunteers
are selected to serve for a full year beginning in January.) If you see an opportunity that matches your talents, just fill out and submit the Online Application Form. An acknowledgement from PMI will confirm receipt of your application. We will forward your application to the appropriate department and then notify you if you are chosen to serve. Member involvement makes a difference! Fill out your volunteer application today!
Why Volunteer? There are many reasons and benefits. Here are a few of ours:
1. Personal and professional growth gained by sharing talents.
2. Personal reward of giving back to the communication and professional organization.
3. Working with incredible talents from many diverse organizations (corporations, community and non-profit organizations, government, engineering, software, etc.) normally only available to most folks through an organization like this.
4. Learning about new tools and techniques that other volunteers bring to the table.
5. Great social events (monthly dinner meetings, conferences, seminars, certification training, etc.).
6. Incredible friendships are made with other professionals.